Disabled Holidays Isle of Wight
Self catering accommodation with access for wheelchairs and guests with limited mobility
- Complete accessibility throughout building. Also from concrete parking area to building and to outside decking with shallow ramp down to level lawned garden. A large picnic table on the outside decking allows access for wheelchairs alongside adjustable wooden chairs with removable cushions as needed.
- All living accommodation on ground floor - very spacious, allowing ample room for excellent wheelchair access and turning. Flooring on the ground floor is either oak woodblock, "Karndean" laminate, or non-slip tiles (kitchen and bathrooms) to allow for ease of wheelchair manoeuvrability.
- Ensuite double bedroom with widened doorways from corridor and into wetroom/toilet, incorporating one fully adjustable, electric profiling Volker bed with integral optional retractable cot sides (see video) together with standard divan bed which may be fitted with cot sides or grab handles if required.
- Second double bedroom with two divan beds which may be fitted with cot sides or grab handles as required. One bed is also electric profiling, and the beds may be joined to become a 6' wide super kingsize if requested.
- Remote controlled TV/DVD sets in living area and in each of the three downstairs bedrooms
- Pressure relieving mattresses on both Volker beds and on both beds in second bedroom. V-shaped and pressure-relieving pillows available if required.
- Third single bedroom with fully adjustable, profiling, electric Volker bed (as in Bedroom No. 1) with optional retractable cot sides as required
- Extra bedroom/living area on cartpeted gallery floor, overlooking living area, for carer(s)/other family member(s) if required (one or two beds. cot, seating)
- Two wetroom style bathrooms - both with wheel-in showers, washbasin and toilet; one with bath, which may be used in conjunction with hoist. and with fold-down shower table for those needing to be washed lying down. "Cascaid" shower chair - doubles as commode or may be wheeled over toilet.
- Electric riser-recliner chair in living room
- Perching stool for bathroom or bedroom
- Adjustable height toilet seats (2" and 4") if required
- Adjustable table/tray for use over bed or chair
- Many smaller items of equipment such as baby monitor, adapted cutlery, non-slip crockery mats, "easy-hold" glasses, padded lap trays, blender, food processer, etc. are on site
- Portable induction loop for people with hearing difficulties and colour schemes to help partially sighted.
- Extra equipment, such as hoists, air mattresses, etc. available for hire by arrangement
- Clinical waste disposal available by arrangement
- Hot tub hire available - please contact us for details.